Don't worry, this treatment will not turn your hair purple!
TRY THE NONI SCALP TREATMENT FOR:
Various scalp conditions including:
· Itchy scalp
· Scalp sores
HOW TO APPLY THE NONI SCALP TREATMENT:
1. Pour some noni fruit juice in a medicine cup or small plastic cup. You will need at least one tablespoonful. Use as much as two ounces if your condition is throughout your scalp, if you have a lot of hair, or if your condition is relatively severe.
2. Wrap a towel around your neck and shoulders.
3. Hold the cup with the noni over your head. Part the hair over a section of your scalp. Pour some of the juice on this area so the noni makes direct contact with your skin. As you pour the juice on, massage it into your hair so it does not drip off your head.
4. Repeat Step 3 with different sections of your scalp. Apply the noni to your entire scalp, or just those areas that need it. Put a second and third coat of juice over problem areas.
5. When you have applied all the noni, massage it into your scalp for a few minutes.
6. Brush or comb your hair. Then let it air dry, or cover your head with a towel or an old shower-cap.
7. Keep the noni on for a few hours, or overnight, or just until it dries. Then rinse out the noni fruit juice and wash your hair.
MORE ABOUT THE NONI SCALP TREATMENT:
Repeat this procedure daily until the condition improves. You may need someone else's help to do this procedure, especially if you find it difficult to reach your arms up over your head.
In researching whether noni can be used safely on the hair, I collected many hair samples that included natural, treated, as well as gray hair. Part of each sample was soaked in noni fruit juice for over twenty-four hours, and then studied. I also examined the samples under a microscope.
Noni appeared to have no negative effect on the natural and gray hair samples. I noticed that after using noni on my own scalp (I kept it there until it dried, and then washed it off), my natural hair seemed softer and to have more "body".
The effects of noni on treated hair varied and were inconclusive. This is not surprising, since there are so many different kinds of hair treatments. Just to be safe, those who have treated hair and wish to do the Noni Scalp Treatment should wash off the noni after about twenty to thirty minutes. This is plenty of time to allow the noni to work on your scalp, while not interfering with your hair treatment.
*Adapted from the book, "76 Ways to Use Noni Fruit Juice" by Isa Navarre which can be found at www.nonitools.com