Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Testimonial - Lupus

I am a wife, mother, home-schooler of my 15-year-old son, Jonathan, and I also enjoy my volunteer work. I am in my late 40's but I feel better than I did in my 20's, and I would like to tell you how Noni Juice from Tahiti turned back the hands of time for me.
About 16 years ago, I was diagnosed with systemic lupus. I went through a summer following my doctor's directions to the letter, and by September, he announced to me that I was in remission. I stayed in remission for over a decade until I was involved in an automobile accident with an 18-wheeler. I was greatly blessed not to have any external injuries, but the stress of this huge truck shoving my little car out of my lane was more than this Lupus patient could stand, since stress can easily trigger a crisis and it did.
I began a downward spiral into overall degeneration of my body. There was not a spot on me that did not hurt. The first thing I noticed was the painful Butterfly rash on my cheeks, and that even clear water caused me a painful, burning sensation. My doctor, who is also my friend (we have enjoyed a great doctor/patient relationship for over 20 years) and a super intelligent Internist, tried everything to get me going again. Among other things, he used Methotrexate, Steroids, and Physical Therapy, as well as some of the newest and best medications on the market to help alleviate some of mysuffering but to no avail. Once I went to him in such excruciating pain that he gave me seven (7) injections of pain medication directly into the areas I pointed to - and it took me a full 3½ days before I could even tell I had had any pain killer at all! It wasn't long after that that he told me. " He did not know what else to do for me". Because of our long friendship, I believed him, and knew that had he known of anything else, he would have made it available to me. My friend had basically sent me home to die.
At that time, my hands (when held up before my face) were so swollen with no space between my fingers - that they looked like baseball mitts. My feet looked like a football stuffed inside of a flat shoe. I was in excruciating pain from my neck to my toes. Every joint hurt me. I was so stiff and in such pain that I walked like my 67 year old mother - I had to have assistance to get up from my chair. My sons had to assist me to use the restroom my knees did not work. I have fallen down my stairs 3 times over the past four years because my joints locked up. My husband informed me last November that I used to wake up crying out in the night because I evidently had reached another level of joint pain that I was unaware of during the day. He would have to rub to apply heat to my elbows, ankles, knees, wrists, back -wherever he thought I was in pain because I was totally unaware - even to this day of ever waking up crying at night because of my chronic Lupus pain 24 hours a day seven days a week without a break.
I live in a tri-level home, so I made one trip down in the morning and one trip up at night to go to bed. If I did any more than that, I was in bed for 2 days to build myself back up to my 2 hours of energy per day out of the 24. I lived my life in my lounge chair downstairs. If I had any business to attend to outside of my home, I had to rest until time to go, then come back home and either sleep in my chair or go to bed until the next day. Grocery shopping was a chore. If I bought the groceries, I was unable to bring them in the house; and if I got them into the house, I had to leave them on the floor until my children came home from school and put my groceries away.
Photo sensitivity made the sunshine my enemy. To protect my skin from the sun, I had to wear gloves on my hands to drive, a hat or a scarf to keepthe sun off my head or face, long sleeves even in the Summer, and sunscreen. I became a Moon child because I could not go out on beautiful sunshiny days. In late January, 2000, my daughter-in-law's father, John, who has Multiple Sclerosis, called me to tell me that because of this Noni Juice he was feeling much better and offered to send me some. I accepted and received the box about the last week of January. I looked at this Purplestuff that so resembled prune juice (which I dislike intensely) and I didn't take it right away. But then something hit me John was feeling better, and I knew he was on the verge of death what was my problem - I had better drink this juice. So February 1, I took my first tablespoon. I called John to see how much he was drinking, because he had felt better in three weeks. He told me 3 oz. three times per day. I did the same. By day five, I had so much energy I did not know what to do with myself! I was like that Pink Bunny with the drum I kept going and going and going!!!! By the time 6 weeks had passed, I was dancing the cha cha cha with my 15 year old in high heel shoes. That is 2 major milestones for me. I hadn'tbeen able to dance in years, let alone the cha cha cha but now I was wearing high heel shoes, and I hadn't worn heels much over the past 5 years because of the pain in my legs and back!
About two weeks later, I went for my annual checkup. My doctor was amazed when he found out that I was 98-99% pain-free! Amazed that I wasgetting all of this from a juice! He was amazed at my blood pressure. He said it was the best it had been in years! He took me off two of the three pills I was on, and told me that if I kept this up, I would soon not need any blood pressure medication at all! My doctor was so amazed at me that he went to the computer after completing my examination, and began to pull page after page of information off the Internet! The first sheet he pulled off was the research done by Dr. Anna Hirazuma-Kim. He brings it to me and says take this to every doctor you talk to, this juice cures cancer! Even I didn't know that back in April!

Gloria J.

1 comment:

- said...

Interesante , mi mama tiene lupus y el jugo de noni tambien le ha hecho muy bien , dice que cada vez que toma en la noche al dia siguiente se siente mejor